This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Application launch change submission

flaquirry

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:52:35 pm

Hi,
I like to suggest a change and if you can consider the way the application launch icon opens when you click on it from the task bar. Currently, when you click it. It stays minimized in the task bar. Rather than opening when you click it to open. I would think that is the point of it. If you click to open it, it should open and not stay minimized in the task bar.

Thank you for considering this change.

Version: Zorin OS 9 Professional

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:59:20 pm

Hi, There is no Pro - only Ultimate! :D And welcome to the forums!

Did you do a full post-install after install? See here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2054

Also if you created any launchers, they sometimes do not have the commands present which is usually the app location followed by '%U'

e.g. Opera command to run is 'usr/bin/opera %U'

flaquirry

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:09:55 pm

Hi swarfendor437.

Thank you for your reply, I tried checking the properties of the application launcher, but I can't figure out how to check the launch settings to see if that string you provided me is missing. However, by default. The file manager is added to the task bar. I have also found another bug thanks to you which I will report.

To answer your question. I did a full clean install
I have created one launcher which is the system monitor and that opens up when I click it. It doesn't stay minimized and neither does Firefox. It only occurs for the file manager window.

I will get the ultimate edition later on. Right now this version works great on my laptop. Matter of fact, it is the only linux distro that works great for me.

I have attached a screenshot of the window I am talking about.

thank you