This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 10

liberodark

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:17:15 am

Do you have information about Zorin OS 10?

Date of RC?
New?
It will be based on Ubuntu 14.10?

kind regards

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:20:39 am

Hi, as soon as Zorin 10 is released it will be announced by one of the Moderators but initially you should bookmark this page:

http://zoringroup.com/blog/

It is not clear from previous releases whether (for whatever reason) you can expect an incremental release - you are far better off sticking with a Long Term Release that will get the updates of incremental releases of Ubuntu in respect of the kernel. I thought that they would have brought out 7 in 12.10 guise but it ended up being based on 13.04 (but my memory could be wrong!) :D

opticyclic

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:23:21 pm

Still no info?
I was hoping for an initial announcement that work had begun or something.
The blog looks stale.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:22:33 am

No news as yet I am afraid - remember, Ubuntu 15.04 came out in April - it is now start of July - as a guide, forks of major distros can take anywhere between 2 to 3 months - it may also depend on cashflow issues - if there are poor cash flow, devs have to be laid off and a distro struggles to bring out new releases. Just remember that Zorin 9 is an LTS release until 2019 and is in the most part, stable (e.g., users having issues with the AWN Panel, but Wolfman has written guides on how to deal with this issue). Also, users would be disgruntled if a release was put out with major glitches - better to get it right than issue a release with major bugs! ;)