This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Magnification only integers and menu fonts not scalable

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:48:34 am

Magnification only appears to work in complete jumps of 1 - no bits in between. Also disappointed to find out today that the menu font cannot be enlarged as it was in Zorin 11 - I may go back to that to showcase to other users. :(

star treker

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:20:22 am

Go to settings, then universal access, then click on Zoom. From there you can adjust the magnification levels. For me, it has all the adjustments necessary to get the job done. ;)

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:00:23 pm

That is where I went - when you click on plus it shoots up to 2 - time to install 'dconf-tools' methinks!

star treker

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:04:07 pm

I got mine set to 1.50. Now I can't remember if I did that by clicking on just the arows, or by clicking inside and typing in an exact number but point is I did it and have it set to 1.50 which is perfect for me. ;)

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:07:47 pm

Well because 2 was so big I wanted to see if I could get away with 1.1 or 1.2 - back in the days of Zorin 4/5 you could choose that option - but then it was the superior Gnome DE of version 2 not 3! :o :evil:

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35:41 pm

Just going back to the menu font, I got my wires crossed - pretty sure that it was in the Beta of 12 that I could change the font size of the Menu and not in the final release! :(

star treker

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:48:31 am

You can change the font size of anything in your installation, not just through the standard Zorin appearence interface, but also with tools like Ubuntu Tweak, Dconf, and KDE System Settings. And as always, where there is a will, there is a way, hence the command terminal. ;)