This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 12 Review

cmscritic

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28:29 pm

I just published my thoughts on Zorin OS 12 in a review on my site, CMS Critic. I'd love to hear your input as well. Keep in mind, it's a simple review but overall, I'm very pleased with this release and glad I picked up the Ultimate edition. Review is here: https://www.cmscritic.com/zorin-os-12-review/

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:06:12 pm

Hi, interesting review - would be good if you could put an addendum in it - not all users like 'Paper' or whatever other current OS out there is using - it is geared to Google so a lot of the buttons look like Android ones (from my personal Android Experience of using a 1+ 3 phone after updates looks similar). I find modern icons tacky - hicolor ones are my personal favourite as they give a nice 'embelishment' for want of a better description. Each to their own - I prefer to be different - I don't want to be part of the 'sheeple' crowd that get spoonfed without considering, hmmm, I wonder what else is out there? ;) :D

star treker

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:10:07 pm

Ya, I had a love/hate relationship with Zorin's proprietary icons. I loved the shape of the gaming icon, but other icons seemed far too basic/childish looking. I think that Zorin's icon base would be great for a childs computer/tablet/phone, but for me personally, I switched it to the Adwaita default icon base and I like those ones. Perhaps there are even way cooler icon packages that could be installed but I don't know where to find or how to install so ya. So unless someone tells me how to get a cooler icon base installed, maybe outer space based icons or star trek icons or whatever, I'd be all for it. But for now I will stick with the Adwaita defaults.