This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Magnification Reset Position When Typing Within Zorin

Lin66

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:40:47 pm

Hello,

I have a HP laptop which is loaded with Zorin 12 and I am trying to use it with the Zoom Control Enabled.

However when I type within the OS (like inputting my password to make essential changes to the OS) the zoom window keep on resetting itself. For example say if I was at the center of the whole screen and I start typing then it will move my screen to like the upper left hand corner until I stop typing. It does this even if I tried to reposition the windows back where I need it if I had to keep on typing.

Could someone please help me figure out a way for me to use it more user friendly?

Please let me know if more information is required and I gladly do my best to provide such information.

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:44:22 pm

Hi, Not sure how to go about this. I did try zoom function and was curios to see if I could get it to work with the cursor keys - it does not appear to be moving to bottom left of screen but you can traverse to it using the mouse with no frame. It is a real shame that Compiz does not run on 12 as it has some great accessibility features - check out my video on veoh.com - same user name - can't get link as due to links to other sites when you visit I can't give link - just look for my username on there and you will see the different videos I have done. My recent stuff is on Vimeo.com. ;)

Lin66

Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:51:38 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, Not sure how to go about this. I did try zoom function and was curios to see if I could get it to work with the cursor keys - it does not appear to be moving to bottom left of screen but you can traverse to it using the mouse with no frame. It is a real shame that Compiz does not run on 12 as it has some great accessibility features - check out my video on veoh.com - same user name - can't get link as due to links to other sites when you visit I can't give link - just look for my username on there and you will see the different videos I have done. My recent stuff is on Vimeo.com. ;)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply but I am somewhat confused as I just have it set to 2x and on "full screen" (I believe). Which already does not display another screen (I prefers to move the mouse to get to what I need and to view it on the whole screen instead of looking into another one). When I am typing into the OS like entering a password to allow it to apply changes to the OS (like applying a WiFi password) it moves (to the upper left I believe).

Are you saying the same doesn't happens on your stock core 12 install with my mentioned settings?

Thank you in advance.