This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

My Favorite Zorin Version is:

zoringroup21

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:49:16 pm

Please vote!

Tell us about your Zorin Experience with the version, how long you stayed with the version.

What have you found in Zorin, other distros do not have?

What are your future expectations from Zorin OS?

Serge,
Zorin Patriot and Promoter Since Version 3

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:18:47 pm

I started with 4 on a regular basis as could not get my WiFi dongle to work in 3. I have only run Lite in a VM recently but had 6 on old notebook. If push came to shove it would have to be 5:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v28327171rKZpnDke

MBMz10

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:50:44 am

Started with 8, I was blown away with the look and feel especially the special effects (compiz), Had never seen anything like it, it did crash a little bit, Zorin has had an Internal error.
Then 9 came out and fixed all that, I went Ultimate. Had learnt to work it a little better and get more out of it also. 10 arrived and thought I would get Ultimate again and have a little play for a while.

When 11 arrived, Ultimate again and learned some more tweaks and also started to find a few things no longer worked for a while, nothing major though.
9 rates as one of the best OS's I've ever had, so stable and reliable for me. I still use 9 on my 'test rig' from time to time. However 11 just had a few more bells and whistles and had moved forward from 9 and even though I did have a few pet peeves with 11 with creating USB sticks and a couple of other things...

Zorin OS 11 (Ultimate) is the best Zorin OS for me to date. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFATFIVeTBw

12 Just went in a total new direction that just didn't do it for me, I still got Ultimate though and used it for about a month, had some issues that eventually got resolved but just didn't, and still don't like it. I now have 12 Lite on my shed PC for about a week so see what happens.

How about you zoringroup21?

mdiemer

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:17:13 pm

Zorin 9 Lite and Zorin 12 Lite. Lite disros work best on my "Linux rig." In general, I like the ease of transitioning from Windows which Zorin excels at. The start menu is especially good in that respect. Zorin 12 Lite is the fastest OS I have ever used, including Windows versions up to 7; as well as a dozen or so Linux distros. Never used OSX.

Another thing I like about Zorin is the color scheme. The dark blues scheme is beautiful as well as easy on the eyes.

I would love to see System Restore. So far, the only distro I have seen that on is Linux Lite. It is a life saver when you haven't a recent enough image from which to restore. Something I like in Ubuntu Mate is a click-and-fix broken package restorer.

Finston Pickle

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:19:34 pm

I think Zorin 9 was the best for me - I will be using it until support is withdrawn - perhaps after (It does everything I want - now it is set up).

One year on, nearly, with Zorin 12 ultimate and my opinion of Zorin 12 Ultimate is pretty well up there with Zorin 9.

I have had far, far more problems with Zorin 12, but now it is slick, still pretty - the way I have set it up - and increasingly reliable.

With others, I would like a way of upgrading to any subsequent LTS issue of Zorin OS without having to loose my Apps, settings and data. Also, I would like to be able to "Clone" my Zorin 12 Ultimate set up - OS, Apps, settings and data onto my Zorin 9 laptop in the future.

Upwards and onwards!