This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Hello!

zorin00b00

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:23:32 am

Hello! I'm just wondering what type of zorin should I install on this laptop:Image

Thanks!

svx-biker

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:45:54 am

Hi and welcome to the Zorin Forum!

Can you give some specs like processor, RAM, Disk, network card, etc.

You may want to check the live ISO first and then decide.

zorin00b00

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:33:47 am

svx-biker wrote:Hi and welcome to the Zorin Forum!

Can you give some specs like processor, RAM, Disk, network card, etc.

You may want to check the live ISO first and then decide.

Hi, I posted a photo about it isn't that enough? Thanks! :)

svx-biker

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:03:41 am

Oh sorry, I can't see the photo. I guess it's blocked by the proxy at my side, sorry!

zorin00b00

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:23:35 am

svx-biker wrote:Oh sorry, I can't see the photo. I guess it's blocked by the proxy at my side, sorry!

No problem, how about now? http://i.imgur.com/N0enKHN.jpg

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:49:49 am

I can see your photo and as you appear to be running Ubuntu 16.04 (successfully?) on it I would go with Zorin 11 (based on Ubuntu 15.10) - Whilst support has officially ended you will get any updates that came out after you have installed the iso. You can expect the next Long Term Release sometime this summer - remember Zorin is a fork of Ubuntu and therefore 12 is likely to be a major release, just like Ubuntu and as it will be LTS it will need to be made to run sweetly from first install. I have found that Zorin 11 is so much better than 9 in respect of scanning and printing support - for example, my All-in-One printer (Canon Pixma MG7750) was picked up instantly during install when I plugged the USB cable in the back of the machine! If you want to ensure you have the latest security updates then go with 9 Core until 12 gets released. ;) :D

zorin00b00

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:55:14 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:I can see your photo and as you appear to be running Ubuntu 16.04 (successfully?) on it I would go with Zorin 11 (based on Ubuntu 15.10) - Whilst support has officially ended you will get any updates that came out after you have installed the iso. You can expect the next Long Term Release sometime this summer - remember Zorin is a fork of Ubuntu and therefore 12 is likely to be a major release, just like Ubuntu and as it will be LTS it will need to be made to run sweetly from first install. I have found that Zorin 11 is so much better than 9 in respect of scanning and printing support - for example, my All-in-One printer (Canon Pixma MG7750) was picked up instantly during install when I plugged the USB cable in the back of the machine! If you want to ensure you have the latest security updates then go with 9 Core until 12 gets released. ;) :D

Sounds great! Actually I am using Linux Lite at the moment, will do thanks! :)