This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

If Forum Registration Problems

WinX_Refugee

Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:59:07 pm

I wanted to leave a note for any others who may be trying to register but cannot get a confirming email to complete the registration. If I had this problem, it's likely others have had it too -- but perhaps weren't as stubborn as I am. It's also possible that people have given up on Zorin OS, as well, and gone elsewhere. I've been researching which distro would be best for me and have pretty much settled on Zorin, so I really didn't want to just turn away, soured by inability to post questions and get answers.

For some unknown reason (and I'm not a computer newbie, though definitely a Linux newbie), I received no confirming emails when I tried to register on this forum. I used a long-used email address that is in working order, checked the online spam folder, and white-listed zoringroup.com. Still no good.

The instructions say to contact a board administrator if problems; however, one must be logged in to be able to do that. Classic Catch-22 situation. :?

So ultimately I just took a stab in the dark and addressed an email to Admin (at) zoringroup.com and to Administrator (at) zoringroup.com -- not knowing which might go through but knowing that this is often a typical default admin email address. And it worked! I received an email resolving my problem. :D

So to those who have given up trying to join the forum -- and perhaps even given up on Zorin OS as a result -- try this method if you've had the problem I had.

[Admin/Moderators: I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting this, but it occurred to me that people may have turned away from Zorin because of similar registration problems with no one to contact. Please feel free -- I'm sure you do! -- to edit as needed.]

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:39:00 pm

Hi, it's been a while since I joined and forgot the process but usually membership is straightforward the only proviso being that initial posts have to be approved and checked for spam. You would be amazed at how many idiots there are who have too much time on their hands when they could be developing scripts to help people with accessibility issues using a computer. ;-) :D

star treker

Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:47:44 pm

Yep, I had this exact same issue. Tried to join the forum the day after I bought Zorin ultimate, received no confirmation email. I contacted admin with no response, so I gave up. It wasn't till most recently that I tried again, and I got the confirmation email. I am guessing the server was having issues at the time, but things seem to be ok now. :)

Finston Pickle

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:47:25 pm

I had the self same problem - no e-mail coming through with link to join the forum.

I was totally stumped for about a week until I realised that, as I had bought Zorin 12 Ultimate, I had Zorin 12 Premium support.

Apart from the rather clumsy way of sending queries (not by e-mail - each query has to be individually formatted and there is no way of having a record of what your query was and how you worded it), the e-mail reply did include my query and answer. You can then reply to their e-mail and start a dialogue etc.

The best part of all was that they sorted the access to the Forum directly and the rest is history!

In fact, they have been so helpful and detailed that I think that I will post the collection of my Queries and Zorin 12 Premium support answers for others to use as required - once I have bottomed every issue that I have and assuming I am not breaking confidentiality.