This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Secure software development

rootadmin

Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:08:00 am

Hi, I need to deep dive into the world of information security, Please suggest me some good courses other than CEH from EC council. I have good knowledge in scripting and programming languages. I hold CCNP and is now working for a mainstream company here in Toronto.
One of my senior advised me to do some courses in software development related to Information security. If possible please suggest me good courses that will help to achieve good goals in my career

Thanks
~Root

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:41:09 am

Offensive Security run training courses - the people that brought you Kali Linux. ;)

rootadmin

Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:08:59 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Offensive Security run training courses - the people that brought you Kali Linux. ;)

Ah! that is a good idea. Do you know about their certifications, if so please help me.
I found this Secure software development course from NCI, http://nci.ca/cyber-security/training/s ... elopement/
Do I need to go with this one?

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:06:41 pm

Hi, I am no security expert but in view of their extensive knowledge I would have thought so - you may also want to take a look at some no longer available 'backtrack' tutorial videos only available via torrent - Backtrack was the original name for Kali Linux. ;) :D