This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

music when installing zorin OS and other things

leexgx

Wed May 11, 2016 10:35:24 am

i know this is my first time installing it but the music blasting out when it's installing is very annoying (it's like installing OSX lol) and the interface is slow to react to volume changes

also you really should make the min screen resolution 1024x768 not 800x600 when driver has not been detected as the UI only just fits on the screen on installing (but that seems to just be a normal thing with installers on linux when its using safe mode drivers)

also could do with adding support for VMware player video drivers (unless its propriety drivers and you don't want to add it on the free version of zorin, but be helpful on how to enable the driver as Zorin does detect on install that i am using a virtual machine) i guessing it work fine in virtualbox (as it has as i am installing it on that now and its at 1024x768 when installing)

i have searched on how to enable the video driver but i must be missing the correct search term to get the command that installs the driver ("vmware video driver zorin" should give me a result but seems to lead me to nvidia drivers or how to to it on ubuntu which did not seem to do anything after installing the vmware tools and does somthing but does not enable it in X still comes up as unknown)

Swarfendor437

Wed May 11, 2016 9:25:32 pm

You won't have much luck in respect of your search criteria for Zorin as it is a customised fork of Ubuntu. As for screen resolution, you should be able to press 'E' to edit the boot command line, and just type in 'nomodeset' after adding a space after the last shown command at bottom of the GRUB screen. ;) :D