This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

LiveUSB boot fails in Medion Akoya e1210

gdesilva

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:09:10 am

Hi,

I am having problems booting with LiveUSB on a Medion Akoya e1210 laptop. The details are as follows;

1. I can boot this machine using LiveUSBs of Ubuntu 14.04 and Mint 17.3
2. Created LiveUSB of both ZorinOS lite 11 and ZorinOS lite 9
3. LiveUSBs were created using Rufus, Unetbootin, LiveUSB creator apps in Ubuntu and Mint
4. I can boot using the same Zorin LIveUSBs (both 11 and 9) on a PackardBell Dot S laptop.
5. On the Medion laptop the boot process stops at Syslinux boot prompt - system appears to be frozen at this point.
6. Tried removing 'ui' in isolinux.cfg (as was suggested in a forum elsewhere) without success.

I would be grateful if anyone can provide any suggestions or pointers to resolve this.

Thanks

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:57:58 pm

Hi, I'm wondering if it is down to the Intel GMA950 driver:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2218115

try adding the following if you can get to a boot screen/GRUB screen - press 'E' to edit boot parameters and add:

Code:
nosplash acpi=off nolapic xforcevesa

gdesilva

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:09:07 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, I'm wondering if it is down to the Intel GMA950 driver:

try adding the following if you can get to a boot screen/GRUB screen - press 'E' to edit boot parameters and add:

Code:
nosplash acpi=off nolapic xforcevesa

I cannot get to the grub screen - the boot process stops at syslinux boot prompt. After this everything is frozen - ie keyboard does not respond and no cpu or usb/hdd activity. It appears it is a problem with syslinux.cfg. However, the weird thing is that the USB works fine on other notebooks and PCs and other LiveUSBs work fine on this machine. Tried RMPrepUSB last night and the result is the same.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:16:31 pm

Try Multisystem which I uploaded here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8933&hilit=+MultiSystem#p43425

Tutorial video here:

https://vimeo.com/104187694

;) :D