This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Freezing on "Preparing to install Zorin" - edu lite

woodburner

Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:16:31 pm

Hiya,

BACKGROUND
I have an Acer Aspire one netbook that ran win 7, I added a chip to give it 2GB memory, it has 160 GB HDD. A couple of years' ago I put Zorin edu lite on it, deleting win 7. It was fabulous at first, but a few of the kids' short cuts to games disappeared over time. The then machine wasn't used for about a year.

I turned it on to watch internet TV. It could see BBC iplayer but not Channel 4, it asked for an adobe flash update. I updated, then nothing worked. I cannot boot it up. As there is nothing important on it I want to wipe everything and re-install.

I have made a USB flash drive, by downloading Zorin Edu Lite and used that Universal installer. I am frozen on "Preparing to install Zorin". Please help. I'm not expert at computers at all but can follow clear instructions.

[I can turn the machine on via the usb and work it from the "Try Zorin" command. I haven't just come straight here with this problem, I have been trying to get past this screen for about a week on and off. I have made 3 different boot usbs, each of them have the same problem, I did see a similar problem listed on this forum, but the link to solve it didn't work]

Thanks in anticipation,
M

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:40:03 am

Hi, Have you tried installing using install to hard drive icon on desktop; choosing something else option at point of install; use MultiSystem installer for USB? ;)

svx-biker

Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:19:53 am

I would also suggest to try the latest Zorin OS 11 Lite or do you have anything special from edu version you need.

This would at least give you an idea if a more recent version runs better.