This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Can't boot Chromebook with OS 9 or OS 11

FTJoe

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:48:10 pm

Not sure what I cam doing wrong but Hashes look good, and I tried pushing the ISOs to the USB stick using Win 32 Disk Imager and Unetbootin for Windows. When I try to boot the USB on the chromebook (or even my Lenovo laptop, I get a message for the hard disk there is no bootable disk and for floppy it could not read the boot disk. Boot flags are set and I have no problem using the same procedure to get Ubunto and GalliumOS to boot. Really want to see these versions but it seems like I'm missing something basic? I might try a different USB drive but again, this works for other images.

FTJoe

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:29:41 pm

Well I tried a different USB with no effect. I have no issue booting other distros, Ubuntu, GalliumOS, etc. I just can't get this to boot. Anyone have any ideas why other versions install and the current OS 9 and OS 11 will not boot (at least via USB)?

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:33:56 pm

Hi, I don't have a Chromebook but, if you have a GNU/Linux OS installed, give MultiSystem a try:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8933&hilit=+MultiSystem#p43425

FTJoe

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:37:30 pm

Hmmmm...took a little while but I actually got the Lite version of OS 9 up using Multisystem. No Trackpad support but I'm guessing I can get that working. I tried a live image on top of an already loaded Ubuntu system and it failed for lack of space. Thanks, I think this might actually work.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:06:31 pm

Glad to hear. Have marked as [RESOLVED]