This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Installing From USB

mdiemer

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:49:53 pm

When using a thumb drive to install Zorin 12, does the thumb drive have to be blank? I have an 8 GB usb drive. It has some music and document files on it, but most of it is free.

My computer won't recognize a thumb drive at boot, but I have made a boot-from-CD . You boot to the CD, which then finds the usb. I used it successfully once to install Solis, but it wouldn't work on some other distros I tried.

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:06:55 pm

Well I've not checked if the files are still there - can you try backing up your files to your /home directory and then install 'MultiSystem'? I do intend showing how to use it but got called away on chores the other day! :D

star treker

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:16:16 am

Just so you know, if you use ISO installers for USB drives, they will erase the USB drive before putting the installer on them. I highly suggest you back the files up onto another source before using a program like Etcher to create the installer, omg that rhymes, I guess I can rhyme anytime, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. :D

mdiemer

Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:06:19 am

Just FYI, I did succeed in installing 12 Ultimate from usb. It appears to be working perfectly so far. Very impressive. Well worth the money!

Swarfendor437

Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:55:29 pm

Can we mark this thread as [RESOLVED]? ;) :D

mdiemer

Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:54:25 am

Yes, thread resolved.