This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

struck at the boot logo

Shanks13780

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:10:41 pm

i have an msi ghost pro gs60
graphic card- nvidia gtx 970m
when installing i press install zorin os and its get struck at the boot logo...it gets frozen up!!!
thanq

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:29:38 pm

Hi and welcome! I've never found it advisable to install from the boot splash screen. I always boot into live mode. First things first.
1. When you see the man=keyboard, press the space bar on your keyboard which will take you straight to the language selection screen and is set to English by default. Press the Escape key and then press the F3 key to bring up keyboard locale selection. If it does not match yours then use the arrow (cursor) keys to move to the one that does and press the enter key. Next press F6 key and to be safe check mark all the options listed with mouse or press space bar to enter check mark (a cross) and use the arrow keys to move down the list and press space bar key to checkmark. Repeat until all have been selected then press Enter. You may also want to press the E key to also add 'xforcevesa' without the quotes but press space bar before entering. now select Continue/boot and keep everything crossed.

sglang7

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:28:42 pm

I'm having this same problem.
I have and Asus rig gl552 be with an nvidia 960

I tired booting to live mode but never saw the "man=keyboard"
I get the nouveau script then immediately thelogo screen and it freezes.

Pretty much all distros do this on my machine. Except mint which I had a DVD from a magazine to boot from...but the. Nothing is able to get installed. Anywho, this problem sucks and I too would love some help solving it!

Thanks

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02:55 am

Shanks13780 wrote:i have an msi ghost pro gs60
graphic card- nvidia gtx 970m
when installing i press install zorin os and its get struck at the boot logo...it gets frozen up!!!
thanq

Having looked at search results for your issue it would appear you have the dual graphics chestnut that appears to be impossible to crack - thanks to intel - they really don't want you running anything on your machine other than Windows!
This appears to be a hardware issue which star treker on here only knows too well.

Here is what I found:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/780125/i ... g-lock-ups

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:03:34 am

sglang7 wrote:I'm having this same problem.
I have and Asus rig gl552 be with an nvidia 960

I tired booting to live mode but never saw the "man=keyboard"
I get the nouveau script then immediately thelogo screen and it freezes.

Pretty much all distros do this on my machine. Except mint which I had a DVD from a magazine to boot from...but the. Nothing is able to get installed. Anywho, this problem sucks and I too would love some help solving it!

Thanks

Please start your own thread - continuous hijackings will lead to a permanent ban! ;) :D