This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Folders renamed because of choosing different language

Den Hook

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:28:15 pm

After succesfully installation of Zorin OS 12, I've got a message that asked me if I would like to got a few personal folder-names renamed by translation to my choosen language. (Don't know exactly what was asked)

I agreed and since then a few folder-names in my home-folder, aren't accessible. These folders are at the left hand side. There name in dutch (Nederlands) are Documenten, Muziek, Afbeeldingen and Video's..

In English they will be named: Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos (or something like that).

How can that be cleared ? :?

And for the Zorin-install-team: Please check this piece of the installation procedure. :idea:

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:49:52 pm

Hi, try this:

1. Menu | Settings

MenuSettings.jpg

2. Region and Language

Settings.png

3. Click on the plus '+' to search for additional languages:

AddLanguage.png

You may get a message to install language files for installed apps - ignore for now:

AdditionalSoftwares.png

4. Click on the 3 vertical dots to get 'more' languages:

MoreLanguages.png

5. Click on 'Other':

OtherLanguage.png

6. Now you can scroll or search by entering the additional language you require:

SearchLanguage.png
SearchLanguage.png (8.67 KiB)

7. Now choose the correct Dutch version you need:

Den Hook

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:54:07 am

Hello Schwarfendor,

Thanx for the quick reply. I've tried you're possible solution but it didn't work out. Because "Nederlands" (=Dutch for Dutch %-)) is allready installed, I can not add it as a language (button " Add" is not active).

Sorry

Del369

Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:26:54 am

Den Hook wrote:Hello Schwarfendor,

Thanx for the quick reply. I've tried you're possible solution but it didn't work out. Because "Nederlands" (=Dutch for Dutch %-)) is allready installed, I can not add it as a language (button " Add" is not active).

Sorry

You'll need to change the default language and locale back to English Den, I'd advise changing everything locale, keyboard and time date and currency settings (all should be accessible through the System Panel) I'd even go as far as then deleting the Dutch parts and rebooting, then you should be able to go through Swarf's suggestions to add back a locale and language customisation to Dutch.
I know what I'm suggesting is really slash and burn but that's how I'd do it :)

*Edit, please note my sig :mrgreen:

Den Hook

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:52:36 pm

By accident, I found out what solved this issue.

I made a new map "Documenten" in my "Personal map" and that solved the problem. So I also added the maps "Muziek (Music in Dutch), "Afbeeldingen" (Pictures in Dutch) and "Video's" (Videos in Dutch).

Only (small) problem now is that they also appear on my desktop.