This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wifi drivers during install?

marx404

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18:41 pm

I have a Belkin wifi USB adapter on my computer and a fresh hard drive. I was wondering if the wifi dongle drivers will get recognized and installed by the install cd? Or should I first plug my ethernet to let the install get the drivers from the internet?

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:58:21 pm

If it is going to work at all it should do in 'live' mode before even installing it - if it doesn't then some more homework is needed to be undertaken before we proceed - a model/version number of your Belkin dongle would be a good place to start! ;) :D

marx404

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:23:07 am

Belkin N300. Guess I can d/l the drivers beforehand too, but just curious if the install will recognize it and perhaps already has the drivers.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:09:13 pm

I believe there are issues with Belkin adapters. My advice to you is to connect to the internet using an Ethernet (wired) connection from your machine to the router and follow the guidance here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/394159/b ... untu-12-04

I am aware that you have the N300 but the procedure will be pretty much the same. If you boot into live mode and it recognises 'wireless networks available' your device is going to work - but I am erring on the side of caution here. If it does not get picked up in live mode you will need to follow the procedure in that thread link I have given above. ;)

marx404

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:17:26 pm

Thanks! I booted to live mode and wireless networks available worked. No, HPLIP drivers..I hope that woks as well and I am good.