This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to use zorinos on a live or bootable USB?

Yaakov

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:47:14 pm

New here.
I've downloaded Zorinos core & want to try it out on my windows computer. How do I get it onto a USB stick so it will work from there?
thanks

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:49:22 pm

Follow the guide here:

https://zorinos.com/help/upgrade-zorin-os/

My AV blocked Etcher from running but others have reported success. ;) :D

Yaakov

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:29:40 am

Thank you
will try it & let you know

Yaakov

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:09:50 am

This is getting absurd.
I installed "etcher' used it to install zorin education on a 32GB USB.
Did not work!
Looked at the properties of the USB & got a shock, it showed at 1st as being only 2.3 MB & 80% full. Pulled it, put it back in & it shows as being totally empty.
Can you explain to me what's happening before I wind up in a straight jacket?

Yaakov

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:13:25 am

oh & it still shows the USB as having a capacity of only 2.37 MB. Trying to format with Windows format is no help for it too identifies the USB as only 2.37 MB.
In brief it seems like etcher messed up my USB

Swarfendor437

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:05:25 pm

Hi, please PM AZorin or zorink - they are the people who advised on Etcher.

Yaakov

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:14:48 pm

Okay folks in the meantime I discovered that Etcher did not ruin my USB stick. Zorin got installed on it okay just that for some reason, maybe someone here can explain, it took up almost the entire 32GB & windows was unable to read what is inside the used space.
Thanks & sorry I didn't get back to oyu folks sooner, up to my ears in alligators.
Y

Swarfendor437

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:18:17 pm

Hey, hope you've got those alligators under control! I gave the official line for Etcher (my unofficial preference is for this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/multis ... rce=navbar) ;) :D