This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installation impossible on Mb and CPU AMD and vcard nVidia

plhmk

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:13:30 am

The installing of ZorinOS 12.1 Ultimate on system with CPU AMD 9590, MB Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, SSD 250 Gb, RAM 8 Gb and VideoCard nVidia Zotac GTX 970 is impossible. :(
The installation starts but stops when the video card should start to continue installation and need an hard reset... :evil:
No solution found.
The last Linux Mint (for example) on the same hardware has been installed without problems...
Thanks, regards.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:32:11 am

Hi, when you start with the live image before installing and you see the symbol of the little man = keyboard, press the spacebar - the Language option will appear (defaults to English) - press the Escape Key and then press F6 and select 'acpi=off' and 'nomodeset' - does that improve things? ;) :D

plhmk

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:03:41 pm

Sorry my late for replay. :D
This action don't resolve my problem, can not install ZorinOS 12.1 ultimate on my PC configuration. :(
Thanks regards

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:34:55 pm

OK sorry to hear that did not help. Can you try decal man's text install method instead?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13063

plhmk

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:34:24 am

Same problem, i can not install.
With Linux Mint i can install...but also problems after when running some applications...
With Windows 10, same hardware... no problems.

MBMz10

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:24:34 am

As you have Zorin 12.1 Ultimate you could also try their Premium Support.

https://zorinos.com/help/zorin-premium-support/