This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[HELP] Cannot Install Zorin,Stuck at "Something Else"

buqfox

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:28:34 pm

I have Linux Mint Serena, and Kali Linux and now I want to try Zorin OS by replacing my Mint.

I have download and check Zorin 12.1 64bit hash. it is fine.
when I boot from USB Flash Disk then, error no "/boot/" found but fortunately Zorin UEFI kicks up and I install from there.

the problem is :
when the choosing partition appears, there is 3 options :
1. Install Zorin only.
2. Install Zorin alongside other OS.
3. "Something Else" (set partition manually).

I'd like to choose no 3, I want to manually set my swap, my separate /home. But when I choose "Something else",
the screen is stuck at desktop screen with wallpaper, no dialogue box, no form, nothing I have try to wait for hours but still nothing. power button at the top right corner also not working. I try to shutdown, restart, but nothing works.

Basically It is just STUCK at desktop screen after I choose "Something else" to set partition. And I have to shutdown manually by pressing+hold power button.
I have install and set partition manually debian, ubuntu, Mint, a lot of time and it works fine. Just this Zorin I have to struggle with dead end.

What can I do to solve this? I want to set up my partition manually and install zorin alongside my other linux.

BTW It is Funny, when Zorin was supposedly to "firendly" and "easy" for user from windows to migrate into Linux (Zorin) but I am an advanced user is having difficulties to install zorin.

Many Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:24:47 pm

Hi, did you verify the md5sum/SHA256 code after downloading the iso? Did you format the USB to FAT32? Have you checked your USB for errors? What program did you use to create bootable USB flash drive? ;) :D

mdiemer

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:48:16 pm

You could delete the Mint partition, then resize the Kali partition, and then install Zorin. It should then give you the option of installing alongside Kali.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:56:06 pm

Also, how many primary partitions do you have? ;) :D