This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Can't install Zorin OS 9 - screen becomes fuzzy

jjkavaky

Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:25:52 pm

Howdy
I have Zorin OS 8 installed on my Dell 531 inspiron which contains a 'NVIDIA GeForce6150 and NVIDIA nForce 430' graphics card. Was able to install it and then updated to a NVIDIA graphics software.
I love the Zorin OS and have tried to install Zorin OS 9. I get past the Where Are You & the user name/password part to the copying files part. Part way thru the copying files part, the screen goes fuzzy. I have made many many attempts to get past this problem (like F6 options, many VGA=***, nomodeset, etc).
The monitor screen works up to this part. I assume that the driver changes during the copying files part - just a guess on my end.

Can anyone tell me how to get past this problem - if possible.

Thanks - have a good day.

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:39:35 am

Hi, please take a look at decalman's excellent tutorial in his thread here using the text-based method of installation! :D

viewtopic.php?t=8004

jjkavaky

Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:58:42 pm

Thanks to Swarfendor437. The decalman's tutorial helped me to find what I was doing wrong. There are two places to 'install now'. I was using the first one that came up when you boot the DVD and that always failed. When I selected the 'install now' on the screen where I selected nomodeset, everything worked. I really like Zorin OS 9 and it is becoming my main OS.

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:49:37 pm

HI glad you are sorted! Can this thread be marked as [SOLVED] now? Thanks! :D

jjkavaky

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:49:31 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:HI glad you are sorted! Can this thread be marked as [SOLVED] now? Thanks! :D

Yes, mark this thread as solved. Thanks for your time and effort. I am a happy camper. :D

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:59:05 pm

Done! :D