This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

reiserfs formating is missing during installation

escovadordebits

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:23:53 am

Hi friends.

First, I'm sorry for my bad english.

When I had installed Zorin OS 9 Core in a notebook, I saw that the reiserfs option is missing for partition formating. :o

My "/home" partition is reiserfs. :shock:

How can I enabled the reiserfs options?

Thanks in advance.

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:44:26 pm

Hi, do you mean you had a previous GNU/Linux distribution that had a '/home' formatted to reiserfs? Personally, I have had BIG issues with that file system and will not touch it with a barge pole! :D

My advice to you is to copy all your '/home' folder to an external drive then install Zorin cleanly using only ext4 file system! ;)

escovadordebits

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:36:22 pm

Thanks swarfendor437, but it doesn't help anything.
I use reiserfs for years, and I very happy with it.
I need to know how to enable the "reiserfs" option in the installer, because I can't use my "/home" partition "as reiserfs".
I want really continue to use reiser 3 as the file system (both "/" and "/home" partitions).
Thanks any way.

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:18:43 am

Here you go:

46.jpg

A word of caution though, whilst this was primarily developed for Novell's Open SuSE it may not work so well with forks of Ubuntu which priimarily use ext4 file systems.

My objections to Reiser are:

1. It crashed losing valuable data! (confirmed by an LXF journalist who had similar issues.

2. It was written by a guy who murdered his wife.

That's why I don't touch Knoppix any more - it won't let you install with any other file system!