This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Can't add application to AWN

jeffneedle

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:22:51 am

Using Zorin 9, just downloaded and installed. I want to add Chromium and Thunderbird to the launchers at the bottom of the screen, but nothing I try works. Drag and drop, whatever, nothing works. I must be missing something. Can someone help? Thanks.

SteveD

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:42:42 am

If you open the program and then right click the icon on the taskbar you should see the option to 'Pin Application'

ffoxss.jpg

Of course, if this isn't what you meant ignore me :)

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:43:06 am

Sometimes when you pin an application (this happened in 6 on occasion) the command to launch may not always be present - you can create your own custom launcher on the panel but you need to know the commands which means you need to know the exact command that launches the application from the menu.

1. Go to the Menu and 'select' (left-click) an app then right-click it for 'Properties' - you will see an entry in the 'command' box - these always end in '%U' (for User)

2. Copy this command into the 'command' box in your custom launcher - it should pick up the applications icon based on the command.

:D

jeffneedle

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:58:37 pm

The option to Pin the app doesn't appear with Chromium, but Create Custom Launcher does. And it all worked just fine! Thanks so much for the help.