This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Lite version can't be installed as a virtual machine.

JonBailey64

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:36:23 am

This is only available in 32-bit. Neither VMware or VirtualBox will boot either the iso image of it or a burned DVD of it.

I was successful at installing this very SAME Zorin subflavor upon a PC as a NATIVE install from a bootable USB stick, however.
This proves that vm software does not always behave exactly as bonafide PHYSICAL computer hardware, old-fashioned or modern.

Why do I want to install Zorin Lite on a vm? Well, video and web browser performance was super slow on a friend's native PC
he let me borrow: Zorin CORE 32-bit was virtually impossible to run on his low-grade PC but LITE version fared much better except for video streams and browsing.
My Windows 7 PC has powerful modern hardware and I suspect it should make a robust host for even a Zorin LITE guest
(that is if I can find damn vm software that will even boot and install this 32-bit LITE Zorin).

I want to compare, apples to apples, Zorin Lite performance on a native but older, low-grade-hardware PC vs virtual machine performance on a
powerful modern PC acting as a host.

Invariably this stupid message happens in a vm install attempt:

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:37:17 pm

Looks at first glance as a corrupt .iso/DVD? Have you tried burning to DVD and then use that to creae the Virtual Drive in VBox - also have you installed the latest version of VBox and VBox extensions?

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:45:18 pm

Got my downloaded .iso running in Virtual Box 4.2.10 with extension pack on Oz Diamon B II 64-bit machine:

36.jpg