This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installation Troubles with Zorin OS 8 Gaming

HeavenlyMalice

Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:09:12 am

I'm able to make the OS USB bootable, F12 and select the USB to boot from. It loads just fine giving me 5 options to choose - Boot the Live System, Boot Live in safe graphics mode, Start the installer directly, Run the memtest, Boot from the hard disk. On the first 3 options i choose a grey screen pops up and after that my monitor goes black and it no longer receives the video signal, and I'm forced to do a hard shutdown. The memtest runs just fine, and boot from first hard disk recylces back to the USB at restart. Can anyone give me some insight as to what is going on and how to fix it?

While yes I know Zorin 9.1 is out, I do have it and I'm able to load and install it just fine, I would like to have/use the OS 8 Gaming edition.

The system I'm trying to install it on has the following:

Intel Celeron N2830 2.16GHz dual core
4GB Ram
500GN HDD
Intel HD Graphics 3000 or 4000 - cant quite remember which.

System is a Laptop - Dell Inspiron 3531
Zorin OS 9.1 installs and runs perfectly, just want to put 8 Gaming but cant.

Swarfendor437

Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:57:59 pm

Hi, be advised that any version of Zorin that is 8 (Lite/Educational/Games) etcetera is no longer supported - you would be better opening synaptic and just use a global search term for Games:

18.jpg