This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Registration on a new install

LoudMouth

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:20:59 pm

I move computers and OS's around like most people do flash drives. My very first install of Ultimate went fine but I didn't remember how I registered it. Change HDD and did a complete reinstall on the new drive but was never asked for my registration number. How or where do put in the reg number? I'm really new to Zorin and have been on Linux for a year (and on M$ Windows since ver 3.0) so I know just enough to get into trouble. Thanks of any help you can give.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:24:02 pm

Hi, if you have the DVD that is all you need - the only registration details will be to unlock your 7-zip file that you downloaded if you purchased the image - if you purchased the DVD or iso it should work on any machine you move to - if you intend using it on additional machines then I would adivse payment of the 'download' price via the donation link. ;) But await to be corrected by AZorin or zorink - for peace of mind send them a PM or visit the Contact page via the main site.

LoudMouth

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:35:36 pm

Thanks for the quickie, Swarfendor437. I used the same DVD I used the first time. The only way I noticed that I wasn't registered (outside of not putting in a reg number) was that on Look Changer I see only 3 choices and on the first install I saw six. I've looked everywhere for a dialog box that asks for a reg number. You would that that would be a standout and easy to find. I've already wasted my first support request on Look Changer, which was dumb on my part, so I'll just let it brew for awhile before I wear out my welcome here. Thanks again for the info.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:24:56 am

I would advise booting into recovery mode but be sure you have wired connection to Internet and run 'dpkg', then shut down and reboot. ;-)