This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[ Upgrading ] Zorin 8.1 (Payed)

Gualtura

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:23:51 am

Greetings Zorin people, i want to say to developers you had done a very good job with this OS, but a year ago i had payed for Zorin OS 8.1 because i wanna support your project, i want to upgrade to Zorin 9.1 then there is my question, i will need to pay the upgrade? If yes, i will pay maybe in March, if not please tell me how to upgrade :)

Anonymous

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:51:27 pm

Their isn't a Zorin OS 9.1 Ultimate...only Zorin OS 9 Ultimate 32/64 Bit !!!!
You will have to do a new install being Zorin OS 9 Ultimate 32/64 Bit is LTS !!!!
You will have to donate again to obtain Zorin OS 9 Ultimate 32/64 Bit !!!!

If you have an older version of Zorin OS and wish to update to a newer version please follow this guide:
1. Backup all your valuable data that you might have to an external media or the internet.
2. Download Zorin OS .iso file which you want to install and burn it to a DVD or get a Zorin OS DVD from the Premium page.
3. Insert your Zorin OS disc into your computer and let it boot from it.
4. Open Start > System > Administration > GParted and delete the ext4 and linux-swap partitions and click apply.
5. When the partitions have been deleted, open "Install Zorin OS" on the desktop.
6. Complete the installation procedure. In the partitioning phase select "Install Zorin alongside [your other operating system]" if you have a dual boot setup with another operating system or "Erase disk and install Zorin" if your computer has no other operating system installed. This should install to the space which was previously freed.
7. Copy your valuable data back to your new Zorin OS installation.
You should now have a newer Zorin OS system with all your files back.

Wolfman

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:25:47 pm

Gualtura

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:31:46 pm

Thank you for your replies, for now i will use zorin OS 8.1 Ultimate along side with windows 7. I will dream that one day i will use pure linux.

Wolfman

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:42:09 pm

Gualtura wrote:Thank you for your replies, for now i will use zorin OS 8.1 Ultimate along side with windows 7. I will dream that one day i will use pure linux.

Hi,

please bear in mind that Zorin OS 8 is no longer supported!. :D

If you are worried about security; you need to upgrade to ver 9. :D

FREE VERSIONS HERE:

http://zorin-os.com/free.html