This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) How to install the Zorin premium business package

Erndog

Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:12:05 pm

I just purchased the Zorin Premium Package online. I followed the instrutions and burnt it to a disk.
How do I now install it onto my HD. Do I need to boot to it like when I first installed Zorin?
Thanks for your help

Wolfman

Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:54:35 am

Hi,

assuming you follow this advice: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771 you can install it like any other Linux distro!. :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:08:25 pm

Hi, Can you tell us if you still have your original Zorin installed? Is it dual boot? Do you have any critical data on your existing Zorin install?

Also, when you download the package it is a .7-zip file - to make sure that the md5 sum of the 7-zip file is correct, navigate to where you downloaded it to via the Terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) using the 'cd ..' command to change directory from your default '/home':

Code:
cd .. Downloads

then

Code:
md5sum [name of your downloaded .7z file EXACTLY as it is named

Wait a few seconds then check the md5sum that should have been emailed with the password to extract the .iso.

Then if using Brasero on your existing Zorin install, open Brasero first then browse to where the extracted .iso is and burn at slowest possible speed your burner will allow - most modern DVD writers won't burn below 4x. :D

Erndog

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:15:48 pm

All set. You can mark this one solved
Thanks for your help