This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Help needed with new Zorin install

[BIG D}

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:31:48 am

Sorry to bother you all with this but I can`t find any help with my new (OS) install. I just did the new upgrade to my Zorin laptop to the new (LTS) and when I reboot it came up with what looks like a log in box on the left side so I typed my password and hit enter. Then it took me to a blank desk top with no start buttons or tray at the bottom. I had to use the power button to get out and shut down. what I would like to know Is there a way with zorin to roll back to the older version like you can in (WIN XP) that I used for years but then switched to zorin as it is such a great system and looks so much like the desktops I like to use. Thanks for any help anyone can give on this.

(BIG D)

Stephanie

Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:09:42 am

Hi BIG D

At boot select the 2nd option in your Zorin menu - Advanced options for Zorin and you should see a list that you can boot into :D

Wolfman

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:47:22 am

Hi,

further to Stephanies suggestion, run DPKG per the update guide (cable network connection required) and see if that fixes the problem for you.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2247

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card?.

At the login window, make sure you press the arrow keys, left/right/up/down, and make sure you see your normal user name and not just the Guest Login name!.

Let us know if this helps. :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:14:09 pm

In answer to your 'roll-back' question, you cannot readily do this - the best way is to make a complete backup using this cross-platform (and free!) software:

http://redobackup.org/