This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Fatal install bug Zoin 9 lite onto SSD partition 4

galen

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:46:00 pm

I've used a fully checked SSD (fsck -c), ISO and DVD and lite 9 would not install on partition 4 [4 of 4 primary]
I tried several times.
I don't recall ever seeing this install bug in Linux over my 15 years of using Linux.
Sorry but I can't follow up on this bug since I need to use the SSD partition 4.
Hope my report is of some use.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:04:49 am

You state four partitions - I had an issue installing MakuluLinux on Windows 10 HD - solution - create an Extended Partition and Manually add:

'/', '/home', 'swap area' :D

Wolfman

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:05:18 am

Hi,

I cannot read your layout because of the on-screen messages, here is a partition guide with various scenarios including a double Linux install setup which may help you:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:04:04 am

Just found out some information regarding Lubuntu and a user of that system's issues (Zorin Lite is based on Lubuntu):

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2201973

galen

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:06:25 pm

Thanks for the all links folks.
The Lubuntu issue does not affect me.
I am using SSD partition 4 for anti-MX14 so I can't check further, & I don't use extended partitions because I like to resize partitions when needed since it is a small drive.

Wolfman

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:19:54 am

Hi galen,

if you only want Zorin OS on the drive, you can install it using the auto install function (use the whole drive) and it should wipe everything for you and set the partitions, obviously only do this if you don't have anything on the disk you want to keep!.

BACKUP ALL DATA BEFORE PARTITIONING!.