This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin install - support for RAID ?

mderouss

Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:33:40 am

Hi folk, I have an HPZ800 with a RAID 0 volume ( i.e. set up and managed by the BIOS ). I've successfully created a Windows 7/Fedora 22 dual boot configuration. The Fedora install deals with the RAID without any problems. However, I now need to install an Ubuntu 14.04 for some work I'm doing, in place of F22.

I loathe Unity, so I've been attempting to install xubuntu. Unfortunately it seems that the installation for this spin does not support the RAID configuration. I can ( manually, using gparted from the xubuntu live DVD ) partition the RAID the way I want it. However the xubuntu installer either bombs out and insists on erasing the entire disk ( don't want to do this because of the dual boot ), or fails to recognise my manual partitioning. And there's no Alternate install for xubuntu that might possibly help.

So the question is, will Zorin 9 deal with installing itself into free space on a BIOS managed RAID 0 volume ? If so I'll happily shell out all of 9.99 for the privilege :).

mderouss

Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:33:12 am

Hokay, I guess I've answered my own question. I tried the free Core flavour of Zorin, and it had all the problems that xubuntu had, so I guess Zorin is not the answer to my problem :( .

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:40:19 am

Hi, never really used RAID - suggest you PM AZorin or zorink for an answer to this one! ;) :D