This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Taskbar notifications issue

sparrow2a

Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:19:27 pm

Hello,im having a major issue with the taskbar notifications. I have installed skype and viber and there are no notifications
over the icons in taskbar and thus i can not tell when i receive a message. Is there a way to fix this?

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:25:04 pm

Hi, Did you remove the Skype that comes with Zorin? Are you using Zorin 9 or 10?

You could see if things work better with Cairo-Dock DE for notifications which you would have to install and boot into the Cairo-Dock DE by clicking the Z logo next to your user name at login time to change to Cairo-Dock DE.

Open a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock

:D

sparrow2a

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:32:37 pm

Thanks for the reply,well i didnt know skype was included in zorin. I have zoris 9 core edition but i dont get notification in viber too anyway. I have tried to install cairo dock
via the terminal as you said and it doesnt install it. it says failed to install etch. I have also tried to install it via the center and the install tab is grey it doenst let me to click it
and thus i cant install it. :cry:

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:30:39 pm

Hmmm, I wonder if you are logged in as guest? ;)

Wolfman

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:24:15 am

Hi,

check your software settings against the guide and try installing again:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

sparrow2a

Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:51:22 pm

guys thank you very much for ther replies im sorry for the late reply i havent got a notification to get back to you :(
so it seems the problem was that i have connected with guest account.. :)