This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

"SOLVED" Lost Libre office functions

Finston Pickle

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:38:52 am

I have somehow lost the minimise, expand and close buttons from Libre Office writer. How can I restore them, please?

Finston Pickle

Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:03:25 pm

I don't know what happened - but they are back, thank goodness!

star treker

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:38:52 pm

This is a problem with OS12, it was not witnessed by me in OS9. Its plagues other applications too such as Firefox web browser. I eventually used the ALT TAB as that is technically a task switcher. While holding down ALT, each time you hit the TAB key, it will allow you to switch to the next open application. Doing this seems to pull the app out of the glitch temporarily, so you can minimize said application. I reported this issue on the forum after its release, looks like they haven't got around to fixing it yet. There is not much you can do as the problem will keep coming back, the only real solution is the temporary one of popping back and fourth, and then try re-clicking on the minimize button, or close button if your trying to close the app.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:55:06 pm

If the buttons are not showing the universal keystrokes of Alt+ F4 will close any app (unless it is frozen) just like that other OS. You can also terminate an application via System Monitor, find the app you want to close, right-click and select 'Kill process' or via a Terminal command of:

Code:
sudo kill pid#

where # is the number of the Process's I'D.

jimke45

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:13:52 pm

Temp fix. Use tweak tool to set double click on top bar to un-maximize.

jimke45

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:43:01 am

jimke45 wrote:Temp fix. Use tweak tool to set double click on top bar to un-maximize.

Even better run this in terminal. No reboot necessary.

Code:
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences button-layout ':minimize,maximize,close,'

Finston Pickle

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:14:48 pm

Zorin 12 Ultimate support suggested:

If you have lost the window control buttons, please try holding the Alt key and dragging the window down. Afterwards, you should see the window control buttons again and press the maximize button again.

Have not tried it myself, but will add to the thread.

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:01:30 pm

Glad things are finally sorted! ;) :D