This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 12 Ultimate, many problems!

snydley100

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:59:17 am

I tried Zorin 12 core today, it worked well after I got a few things straightened out, with everyones' help, so I bought 12 Ultimate.
the gnome software center won't work, neither would the synaptic software program, so I used apt to install evolution and firefox.
I'm hoping the software center programs don't work because they need updating,but I can't update Zorin 12 because they don't work!
I know there's a way to update via the terminal, but I don't know the commands.
Can someone write the commands down for me in a reply to this so I can get this updated?
Thanks,
Snyde

Swarfendor437

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:21:09 pm

Hi,

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Interesting you have had the same issues as me - sent a PM to the post to the Zorin brothers - not had a response - using something else for now.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12734

snydley100

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:51:16 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi,

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Interesting you have had the same issues as me - sent a PM to the post to the Zorin brothers - not had a response - using something else for now.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12734

I had no problems with the software center, synaptic, or the updates, until I deleted core and installed ultimate. I'm hoping it gets straightened out in updates. I'll just keep using apt and check back here to see if there's any news on it.
Snyde

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:24:26 pm

Yes, please do keep us posted - I might put 12 back on eventually - considering putting 11 back on as that was the last Ubuntu iteration that Netflix-desktop app was made (Ubuntu 15.10)