This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 12 "Software" quirk I've noticed

Finston Pickle

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:33:17 pm

I have noticed a few times that, if I install a new program using the Zorin 12 "software" thingy, that the programme seems to install, but the box flickers and then reappears as a white box, "install" - which is where it started before the programme was installed, of course.

Clicking on the "install" for a second time, you instantly get a change to a blue box showing "remove" - as it should have been already.

If I had not found this trick, I would have thought that Z12 "software" was not working - not good for newbies and not that good for me either in terms of confidence in Z12.

I hope that it can be fixed.

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:56:17 pm

Yes, can confirm this glitch occurred with myself too - can you please PM AZorin and zorink about this please? The more people do this they might realise there is an issue. ;) :D

In the meantime, if you are unsure what package you need, install Synaptic Package Manager if not already done so and use that method. If installing 3rd Party .deb packages, use Gdebi Package Manager. ;) :D

Finston Pickle

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:31:11 am

Yes, I use .deb files and GDebi or Synaptic Package Manager whenever possible. As far as I can see, I think the applications are being correctly installed by software - just that it doesn't look like it.

Also, how do you PM AZorin and zorink about issues like this?

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:01:28 pm

At the top of the webpage you should see your username top right for the forum. You should also see to the left in ( ) 0 new messages - click on that to get to your PM box, then in the 'To' field enter AZorin, then zorink then tab to your subject field and then into the message bit then after writing, press the 'Submit' button just like on the forum. ;) :D