This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Map Drive After Cisco VPN Connect

ptmuldoon

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:04:03 pm

I'm pretty new to Zorin and general linux but have played with Ubuntu, Mint, and few others in the past. So I have some basics and confidence in attempting things, screwing up, restarting, etc, :)

So I've got Zorin Installed nicely and i'm now trying to connect into my office VPN and then map a drive.

I have successfully connected to my office with the Cisco openconnect after importing my pcf certificate. At least zorin says i'm connected at least.

But after connecting, I can't seem to figure out how to connect to my office shares. I do know my office uses a domain controller and this test Zorin system is not part of that domain. But I am connected to VPN, so think I should be able to map a share?

Or do I need to have this test machine added to my work domain first in order to connect?

And I did confirm cifs-utils is installed and I can actually connect to my home (Unraid) server fine. But can't connected to my office shares just yet.

Anybody have any thoughts or tips to try?

Thanks
PT

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:10:06 pm

Hi, out of my reach methinks! Take a look at this thread and be sure to read all of it:

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/ubuntu- ... n/100499/9

Also, check your Firewall Settings (GUFW) in Settings:

Firewall.jpg

ptmuldoon

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:23:00 pm

Thanks

I read through that but it did not seem to helpful. I can connect to my office VPN, or at least Zorin shows me connect. But its after that connection where I was trying to map a drive. I think the issue could be the use a Domain Controller in our office and my Zorin Test machine (running on a USB actually) is not part of that domain. But I really don't know enough about domains vs workgroups in connecting.

Again, I could easily connect Zorin to my home UnRaid server with no issues. And have Zorin connecting to my office VPN. But then stuck on how to map to an office share.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:27:52 pm

Hi, I can access drive at work via browser connection. I would advise you liaise with your company's It Department for advice.. Machines in a work place are usually added to Domain by Network Administrators jonly unless local Administrators of machines have been sanctioned to add machine to Domain - I don't think they would be too happy to have a 'live' OS to connect as it may make the network insecure in respect of information the would need to share. ;) :D

qnarkill

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34:53 pm