This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Join windows server 2012

maurizio

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:15:53 am

I'm an Italian computer teacher, and I plan to put in my school lab Zorin os educational ... I have a windows server 2012 domain ... I can put them in the domain and share server folders? Can someone explain well the procedure? Thank you

Swarfendor437

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:31:47 pm

If this is for Zorin 12 I am not sure if the procedure outlined by another forum member will work:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7474

maurizio

Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:41:35 pm

Thank you. Some would suggest an easier method and recently ...
Someone using the likewise-open-gui package but can not install it. Thank you

Swarfendor437

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:00:18 pm

maurizio wrote:Thank you. Some would suggest an easier method and recently ...
Someone using the likewise-open-gui package but can not install it. Thank you

This should hopefully answer your problem:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LikewiseOpen

jinu.babu

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:54:33 am

in terminal i can do su - <doman user> but when i am trying to login from graphical using windows domain users unable to do it as i used samba for this in terminal i can login by domain user only from graphical i not able to login

anyone can help me for joining zorin to windows domain

ImpWarfare

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:08:42 pm

jinu.babu wrote:in terminal i can do su - <doman user> but when i am trying to login from graphical using windows domain users unable to do it as i used samba for this in terminal i can login by domain user only from graphical i not able to login

anyone can help me for joining zorin to windows domain

Since Zorin OS is Ubuntu-based have you done searches for "how to" connect to the Windows domain? I've found this https://www.linux.com/learn/how-join-ub ... ows-domain while searching and it seems to be useful, could you try this out and report back if it works it should technically work the same way on Zorin OS since its based on the LTS releases of Ubuntu.