This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Kodi v17 Krypton not as good as v16 Jarvis - so far

Finston Pickle

Fri May 05, 2017 7:44:50 am

I decided to investigate the Kodi v17 Krypton (the one bundled with Zorin 12 Ultimate or what has come through from updates) on my Entroware Kratos 1000 laptop.

I transferred my settings from my Kodi v16 Jarvis installed on my Zorin 9 Toshiba laptop - which has performed faultlessly, running the Confluence skin and with the firewall not activated. When I did this it seemed as though Kodi on my Kratos laptop looked like v16 Jarvis with the confluence skin, as I recall.

I have found nothing that works as before, even after allowing third party addons to run and I have also tried updating every video Addon with no improvement so far. I disliked the Estuary skin of Kodi Krypton and changed it to Confluence, which I prefer and can understand better.

One thought has struck me - I have activated the firewall on my Kratos laptop - could this have affected Kodi Krypton somehow? If this is so, how would I enable Kodi in the firewall settings

Swarfendor437

Fri May 05, 2017 11:33:08 am

Finston Pickle

Sat May 13, 2017 12:51:13 pm

Thanks for the link, Swarf - it could be relevant for some. However, I don't think that my issue was to do with the firewall or ports used.

Having raised the issue with Zorin 12 Ultimate support, for me, the following guide - that they suggested - fixed the issue: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid ... pid2506134