This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Screen is rotated sideways

Bozomo

Wed May 17, 2017 10:07:22 pm

Hey there!

I just installed Zorin 12.1 Ultimate on my laptop and am typing this with the screen rotated clockwise.

My laptop is one of those ones that fold backwards into a tablet with a screen that changes orientation automatically.

On boot, after the BIOS logo screen, the Zorin boot logo screen comes up in the correct orientation. Once I reach the login screen it will either load the screen rotated clockwise to the right or stay in the correct orientation for a moment before automatically rotating.

When holding my laptop sideways, as if I were using it as a portrait mode tablet, it automatically realigns to what should be the correct orientation.

Fully updated it and did the additional drivers.

Thanks for your help!

Swarfendor437

Thu May 18, 2017 11:46:55 am

Bozomo

Thu May 18, 2017 4:54:37 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Temporary workaround given here ?:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/770995/ ... nome-16-04

That works :D Well until I need to restart my computer

EDIT:

For a reference to anyone having this issue. I did manage a fix, but at the cost of having to disable the automatic rotation.

On the task bar, click the WIFI/Volume/Battery controls next to the clock. There will be a button to turn off the rotation next to the settings button. I did do the xrandr rotation changes prior to this, just an FYI in case it affected anything.