This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

R and R studio

wandreef

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:05:47 pm

1) I ran into some problems with R studio and R when I updated my packages about 3 weeks ago. It may also have been caused by cleanup through autoremoving the orphans. Anyway, I'll fix it over time or just remove it and reinstall. Just hate all the time I downloaded over 10 GIS related libraries and installed and I can still see them in the directories. I don't think I can remember all the packages I have now Anyone here an "R" and "Rstudio" installer and user? Maybe you have some tips.

2) Anyone here install packages by source on Zorin? Is there a general guide on this group site so I can undertake the task? I wish to install the latest Generic Mapping Tools (GMT) and apparently t.hat's what I have to do on Ubuntu to get the most recent version on the machine. I have the synaptic package installed so maybe that's the best tool I don't know.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:54:04 pm

Don't know enough about that particular package but by and large synaptic is the best option for installing packages through official channels. 3rd party apps which have a *. deb extension should be installed using
Gdebi package manager, as it will notify you if there are any missing dependencies.

wandreef

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:40:09 am

Thanks Swarfendor