This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]How to Change DYANMIC IP Address to STATIC IN ZORIN?

tybuzz67

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:06:21 am

Hi guys, kindly help out a fellow user here.

I want to change my ip address into a static one so I can work and practice Wordpress on Zorin. I already installed Wordpress and LAMP and was toyiing around wordpress for a while but due to some other matters I stayed away from wordpresss for a while. now I want to go back and practice but can't log in to wordpress because my ip address have changed.

Anybody can help me change my ip address to static ip address please so I can work on Wordpress? Kindly help me using the GUI (not the terminal please) Any suggestions is highly appreciated :)

tybuzz67

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:54:07 am

I have solved how to change a dynamic ip address to a static ip address. this is steps I did:

1. Go click Settings > Network
2. If your internet is on cable select WIRED, if wireless then click WI-FI
3. On the right pane in the screen you select the network you are using (the one with a check on its name)
4. Click the Setting icon (the one that looks like a flower) on the network
5. the details on the right, list down the DEFAULT ROUTE address on a piece of paper you'll need this address later.
6. click the IPv4
7. In the Addresses change AUTOMATIC to MANUAL (scroll down to select)
8. below in the Address, enter the IP address that you want (ex. 192.168.000.00 this is just an example!)
9. for the netmask enter exactly this: 255.255.255.0
10. for gateway, enter the DEFAULT ROUTE ip address i told you to copy on the piece of paper
11. then below the gateway is the DNS and below it the Server. In the Server enter this exactly :
12 click Apply

that's it!

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:02:27 pm

There could be issues using Google DNS on a security front:

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Ne ... nd-8.8.4.4

tybuzz67

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:45:42 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:There could be issues using Google DNS on a security front:

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Ne ... nd-8.8.4.4

oh, I am not aware of this...thanks for the link. maybe the guys using Google DNS should ask the details from Google itself.