This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Date and time display zorin OS12.2 core

Domi

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28:31 pm

Just installed Zorin 12.2 core, new download. On the panel on the bottom of the screen, I have the day of the week and the time.
As soon as I right click on the date, I don't have the 'Property' button displayed.
I would like to change the format of the date and time in the taskbar.
Can you help me please ?

Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:46:33 pm

Noticed that (I have 'word clock' extension) I can no longer have the date showing - wonder if this is a 16.04.2 bug? Will do some delving. (Can't change anything through 'Settings | Date and Time' either!) :o :shock:

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05:36 pm

OK, discovered the solution by accident! Whilst the Zorin Panel is at the bottom you have to go to 'Top Bar' in 'Tweaks' and check mark 'show date'. :D :

dateandtime.jpg

MBMz10

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:11:22 am

Same issue here, only basic configuration available via Settings>Date and Time.
Swarfendor437 method worked well also :D

I found an extension for the Gnome Tweak Tool called 'Clock Overide' here https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/ ... -override/
Installed it and then via the Gnome Tweak Tool that I installed from 'Software' I was able to configure it more to my liking.
Z12CoreTimeFormat.png

The highlighted text is the setting I used and you can see result by looking at my clock.
I made another post about this for 12.2 Lite and as best I can tell the settings seem to work the same way.
See other post here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13414

Web site for help with finding the display format you like here http://www.foragoodstrftime.com/

Domi

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:29:19 am

A big thanks to all of you.
I have installed tweak tool for Gnome and clock override.
Everything works perfectly.
Thank you for your help.

Swarfendor437

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:08:26 pm

Great job MBMz10! 60 blue jewels to you sir! ;) :D

Will mark thread as [SOLVED].