This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Help! (Sound not working Zorin OS 12.2)

C_Corp2002

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:14:17 am

Hi, I have noticed, even if Zorin OS is good, i cant get my sound (Neither the Internal Speakers or my Headset) to work on my: "2014 toshiba AMD A10 Satellite laptop". And I cant figure out why...
I have "ASLA" or what ever it is called, I have "Pulse audio", and I have followed five different instructions at least 3 times. No difference.
Thank you, dev team (Or who ever helps)!

--C_Corp2002 (A 15yo autistic nerd :D :) )

Swarfendor437

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:33:58 am

C_Corp2002

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:45:38 pm

Unfortunately still nothing...
Darn... Any other suggestions?
*Sigh*

mdiemer

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:18:19 pm

Make sure you have scrolled all the way down in the sound app, so you see all the options. This happened to me. I then saw my interface, made it default, problem was solved.

C_Corp2002

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:04:57 am

Still nothing... nothing to scroll in the "volume control" app, and thiers now no applet of the volume...

Welp

MBMz10

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34:43 am

Is this Zorin Core or Lite? I will assume it is Core for now.
I guess you are not able to post a screenshot if there is no app?
Have you tried running a 'live session' and testing that? I did on one of my machines and got it working but made a change and was then locked out, strange.

A screen shot of mine:
Z122Sound1.png

Does/did yours look something like this? Mine was on the 'headphones' until I clicked on the HDMI 2 port which also changed the Profile at the bottom and then the sound worked.

mdiemer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:24:23 pm

MBMz10's screenshot is exactly what I'm talking about. I think my problem may have caused by my zoom being too high (aging eyes demand help), which "cut off" or hid the last option. but this is the kind of screen you need to get to and then find your desired interface (mine is an external one), and make it default.

C_Corp2002

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:02:44 pm

Thanks for all the help!
I am using The 12.2, LITE version, I should have mentioned that earlier
Anyways: Here is the Screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VmSVw2UnuDbDVFb01kS2F2bTA/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Here is another Screenshot,
[url]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VmSV ... sp=sharing
[/url]

mdiemer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:04:21 am

Thanks for the screenshot. Under Configuration you should have all audio devices listed. Scroll down if necessary. Choose your sound device.

MBMz10

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:00:46 am

Ok this is my 12.2 Lite sound Configuration set up. Notice the bottom one is off as I only use the HDMI port going in a TV/monitor.
Z122SoundConf1.png

And here you can see the options available to me. this PC has 2 HDMI out puts (rear) and headphone/mic (front)
Z122SoundConf2.png

Try different settings with some sound (music/video) playing while your doing it until you get some out put somewhere, plug your headphones in as well and see how you go.