This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Issues with Shutter since update to 12.2!

Swarfendor437

Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:34:13 pm

Not seeking a solution as such but curious to know if anyone else having issues. Having to resort to Shift | Print Screen or Screenshot in Utilities that was having issues before I installed Shutter. New updated version out here:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/09/inst ... -on-ubuntu

but same result - application freeze! :(

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:01:25 pm

Well my suspicions were correct. I suspect following an update gnome-screenshot was back on the OS and there were references to Zorin OS Base upon removal via Synaptic. Now Shutter is fully functional again! I suspect that gnome-screenshot was hogging resources that prevented another app from accessing them. ;) :D

MBMz10

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:34:40 am

Did you install Shutter as your default gnome-screenshot wasn't working correctly but then still issues afterwards?
Gnome hogging resources???
I played with a live session or Zorin 12.2 core and it all worked OK for me. Shift+PrintScreen changed the mouse cursor to a cross hair (+) and allowed to select an area of the screen.
Just pressing the Print Screen button on the keyboard, the screen would flicker and shudder noise and automatically save a shot to the pictures folder.
It did all freeze at one time then the "Zorin internal Error" thing turned up a minute later but it got going again.

I had some issues on one of my Zorin Lite systems a few days ago but that seems OK again.

Swarfendor437

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:16:11 pm

Hi MBMz10, I can't remember which post I was having difficulties providing a screenshot of, as I think it was trying to show the mouse in Wine or to do with highlighting a menu - gnome-screenshot failed where Shutter surpassed it and Wolfman has always recommended it - it can take a bit of getting used to in terms of the interface but is very straightforward. I suspect like AV (Anti-Virus) programs try to cancel each other out, so screen capture apps may call on same libraries and somehow get locked? I don't know but just glad Shutter is working again. :D