This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can't log in

kevq

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:52:17 pm

On my machine last night (Zorin 12 Ultimate), and I updated. Come to log on today and it won't let me. It seems to try and log on, something fails then it loops back to log in.

Password is 100% correct. If I put the wrong password in, it pops up saying it's wrong.

W**??

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:38:40 pm

Hi, This should sort you out friend:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/24006/h ... word#24024

and yes I know you haven't lost it - it's happened to me once as well even after putting in the correct password - somewhat frustrating to say the least! ;) :D

MBMz10

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:32:51 am

Does this mean that others are likely to be affected by the same issue on the same OS after updates?

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:06:35 pm

I can't say - glitches can happen - like with me today! Was having issues connecting to work network (ironically not so in live mode), so thinking it was a machine login id issue changed my concocted user name to my real one and also changed the password - then I was locked out. Did the recovery method and my real name was not recognised as a registered user - was asked for keyring password which I had not set but bizarrely if I used the concocted name and new password (which upon checking in wireless field I spotted the UK keyboard layout was not present as when using 'show password' in Security field, the '@' was " instead so I knew this could have been an issue. Basically I was going round in circles fast and decided to reinstall - this was the Educational Full version of Zorin which I was using on a machine that had XP with no upgrade to Windows 7 when it was purchased, or rather it was not a downgrade purchase from 7 to XP like some later Notebooks. Bizarre! So let this be a warning - don't mess with the primary Administrator account in any shape or form! ;) :D