This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Adding custom launchers to the left bar

naspar

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:28:42 pm

Hi Zorin Community,
I got a quick question regarding the initial setup after the installation.

I have just installed the Zorin OS for my mother who was a Windows user and needs to do some customization. we have the left bar (like ubuntu unity) selected in the settings panel where you can easily decide your layout.

the problem is that we have two thunderbird profiles for different email accounts and therefore two thunderbird icons pointing to different profiles.

Questions :

- is it possible to add a custom launcher to the left bar (i wonder it is a simple dock or cairo dock ? )
- can we have two icons to manage different thunderbird profiles instead of having one single icon which combines the two thunderbird launchers ?
- Same for firefox, we would like to have more minimized firefox application than one single icon which combines more firefox app!

Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:49:18 pm

OK, to add any app to any panel in Zorin just right-click it and select 'Add to Favourites'. With regards to Thunderbird I don't think that is possible, and surprised that you have two instances of the shortcut/application.