This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Zorin 8 Install crash

granul

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:16:23 am

Hi!

I tried 2 times to install Zorin 8 but it crash during installation, The rc was doing the samething. Never had this problem before with Zorin 7 or 6.

Wolfman

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:32:06 am

Hi granul,

if you did a DVD disk, did you follow this as advce:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

Try starting the disk and when you see the Zorin menu, press the "Tab" key (the key with the double arrows above left shift lock) and type "nomodeset" and then press enter and see if it boots.

Or is it crashing elsewhere?.

Regards Wolfman :D

granul

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:06:30 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi granul,

if you did a DVD disk, did you follow this as advce:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

Try starting the disk and when you see the Zorin menu, press the "Tab" key (the key with the double arrows above left shift lock) and type "nomodeset" and then press enter and see if it boots.

Or is it crashing elsewhere?.

It always crash at the same place near the end of install process

Wolfman

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:17:42 pm

Hi granul,

see this if it applies to you:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4805

granul

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:18:29 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi granul,

see this if it applies to you:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4805

I dont think so, I never had this problem before with zorin 7 or ubuntu 13.10. I will try later with dvd instead of usb

blfriis

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38:45 pm

I had the same problem when the crash report was finish, simply click on the Install icon again and let it install again. then it works.But don't reboot till the second installation has finich.. And after the reboot you probly will be logged in the quest account, then simply log out and in your account.. Sorry for my poor english skills, but i hope it makes sence..

At least 4 danish zorin users have the same problem.. But from the install log I cut see it had something to do with ubiquti..

granul

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:27:30 pm

Thank you it works. I hope it get fix for new user. There is an icon missing on the panel fot the battery .

I tried to add a screen capture but it does not work.

Wolfman

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:12:52 am

Hi granul,

glad you got it sorted thanks to blfriis.

For the battery, you can install a couple of apps, one is "ibam" the other is "laptop-mode-tools" which are both in the repo.

Unfortunately the "applets-all" package was taken out of the Ubuntu repo!.

See also #18 here:

http://www.noobslab.com/2013/10/tweakst ... ll-of.html

Have marked as solved as your original problem is sorted now.