This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

New installation issues

bushfilm

Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:19:20 pm

Hello, I am new to Zorin 9 Lite and this forum, so thanks in advance for your help. I installed onto a partitioned hard drive, sharing Windows 7 Home Premium. Having two issues, first, when I start up, Zorin does not connect to LAN, a wired network. When I installed 9 Lite on a netbook, it worked perfectly, including hooking up to wi-fi (wireless connection). How do I get Zorin to connect to LAN automatically when it boots up? Next problem is dual boot related, when I start the computer, it boots to Zorin, not Windows 7. How do I set it to ask which system I want to boot into? I am really liking Linux and Zorin, but need to solve a few problems. Thanks for the help.

Wolfman

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:47:42 pm

Hi and welcome,

grab a copy of Boot Repair and you can fix the boot order with that:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

If the LAN worked with Zorin Lite, it will (should) work with Zorin 9, check your connections once more to see if the cable is loose!.

You can try this terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) command to restart the network manager:

Code:
sudo service network-manager restart

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:52:49 pm

Is there any reason for you to install Lite? Is it an old Notebook? :D

bushfilm

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:03:45 pm

I installed Zorin 9 Lite on an old Acer netbook, and Zorin 9 on an old desktop (32 bit). So far , after a few boot issues, they are both running great! I will look for tutorials, YouTube videos, etc. so as to learn more about this OS. Thanks!

Wolfman

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:22:55 pm

Hi,

you can start reading here, there are plenty of links in both guides!:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4835

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054