This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] How to add repository for Mate or Gnome.

Anonymous

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:20:52 am

Still trying, at half an answer a time it seems. - Was given this site to look at::: To install Mate desktop in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and add relevant repository to Terminal then scroll down for install commands:
>> For Ubuntu 13.04 Raring

The trouble is that both the respondant and the atricle do not seem to tell me how to add the relevant repository. Can't go back or forwards at present. - Either Mate or Gnome will be fine, I can find my way around in Mate very well, and maybe also Gnome. --Thanks.

Anonymous

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14:13 am

Add the Repository : Open Terminal by > CTRL + ALT + T > " Copy and Paste in Terminal " to add the needed repository directly below !!!

: sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://packages.mate-desktop.org/repo/ubuntu raring main"

After adding repository, Use following commands to install Mate Desktop:
Enter in terminal one by one below !!!!

: sudo apt-get update

: sudo apt-get install mate-archive-keyring

: sudo apt-get update

: sudo apt-get install mate-core mate-desktop-environment

: Your Finished Reboot

Now you can Log-in to Mate DE !!!!

Note : Don't worry about the errors that pop up in the terminal, ignore them just follow through with each step til your finished. " That's why you have ( two sudo apt-get updates ) instead of one. "

Anonymous

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:01:02 am

Done. - Not too impressed. It seems to simply change work places. - Makes it confusing when Firefox is on one & Thunderbird on the other. Not sure if I can get accustomed to this. - Wobbly windows is the best thing so far. Thx.