Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:17:06 am
1) Most of the posts recommend not letting Zorin install automatically. This may be useful for Linux users but it took a LOT of research on my part to undersand anything in a Custom install.
2) I wish developers would use more common terms or at least be consistent. When trying to fix my 1st attempt, I couldn't delete a partiton because I was told I had to umount another . I didn't understand that and couldn't find an unmount option to select. Turns out I had to choose another option which I think was Shutoff. Who Knew? ON and OFF are pretty understandable which I'm sure is technically incorrect, but who ever said users were technicians
3) Some functions seem unreasonably puzzling. The Firefox included in the pkg is outdated. It tells me so and gives me the option to update which then downloads a file which I have no idea how to install. Ditto with Adobe Flash or whatever is it's current iteration.
4) The list of installed software gives no option to update.
5) Software updater tells me some software can't be installed so I should do a partial update. I would like to see what's updating but I could only see an unreadable list that did not seem to be programs. Also no explanation as to why some programs could not be updated
6) Synaptic Package Manager - too puzzling
7) When online using a cursor my session suddenly disappeared. Sometimes I could bring it back moving the cursor, othertimes not. I was able to find a Customize Look menu that mentioned multiple pages which I'm guessing might be a clue.
8) I like the speed so far, but I haven't loaded programs so it may be too soon to tell.
9) At one time I was quite adept at using terminal (or DOS or whatever) commands. Now I'd just as soon never see them. There seems to be a lot of dependency on terminal in Zorin,
Next I have to look at fixing drivers. I expect some issues
overall I like the look and feel but problem solving is a problem all by itself. Parts seriously need simplification